Are you looking to add a little pizzazz to your current abode? Of course, there are some projects you can handle yourself, like adding a new splash of colorful paint to the walls, or changing up your decor. If you really want to make a change, it might be time to look for a reputable home improvement contractor. First things first: you should only hire a company that is licensed, bonded, insured and certified to perform home renovations, additions, and remodeling. That way you won’t have to worry about losing money or losing sleep. What else should you look for?
1) Do some research and see if they are accredited by organizations such as the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List.
2) Visit the company’s website, and look for examples of their work. If you’re looking for specific improvements such as masonry, kitchen and bath, siding, roofing, drywall, home repairs, and additions, make sure they have experience in those areas, and check out pertinent photos and references.
3) Verify that they offer free home inspections and estimates. It shouldn’t cost you anything to talk to their experts and make decisions about what work you need done before you make a financial commitment.
4) Find out what kind of warranty and guarantees they offer. Are they running any specials or promotions?
5) Look up their building contractor’s license using the state’s website, and make sure their license is current and valid.
6) Follow your gut instinct, and only choose a reputable company. Ask to see any customer surveys or ratings they may have.
It can be fun and exciting to transform your home office, bedroom, living room, or driveway. Your home is your castle, so why not show it off? If you are not a licensed contractor, it is not wise for you to attempt plumbing, construction, electrical or cement work. It can be dangerous. It’s better to hire a company that has the proper training, safety gear and equipment needed to get the job done right the first time. An upstanding home improvement organization should offer affordable financing plans, loan options, fast service, and quality materials for your renovation project. It’s amazing what a few changes around your house can do to improve your quality of life. Getting started is easy, start doing research now and you will find the perfect construction firm to give your house the “wow” factor.